Use this list to gather what you need to apply for a home loan.
To apply for a home loan, you’ll need to provide information about your income, assets and debts, plus any circumstances that may impact your ability to repay.
Be prepared to provide some or all of the items below.
- Pay stubs for the last 30 days
- W-2 forms for the last two years
- Child support/alimony - divorce decree
- Award letter for social security, pension and 1099 for disability
IF YOU ARE SELF-EMPLOYED
- Signed, completed tax returns for the past two years, including personal, partnership, and corporate, if applicable, and all schedules.
- Year-to-date business profit and loss statement for current year, if more than three months have passed since the end of the tax year
- Current balance sheet
- Cancelled rent or mortgage payment checks for the past 12 months, if not available on credit report
- Copy of land contract, if applicable
- Child support/alimony
- Bankruptcy/Consumer Credit, if received
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, IF APPLICABLE
- Purchase agreement, including legal property descriptions and any addendum
- Divorce decree
- Explanation of discrepancies on credit
Take the next step.
Contact a DNH RMLO to explore your loan options, ask questions, or get started on an application.
*Child support or alimony income can be used if you received it for the past 12 months and it will continue for at least three years into the loan period. However, alimony, child support, or separate maintenance income need not be included if it is not to be considered as income available to repay the loan.
Products and services provided by DNH Lending NMLS#1338180